Geothermal Systems for Your Home
“Geothermal Systems are the absolute best way to space condition your home or office,” according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. At Abbitt HVAC, we feel the same. If you want an efficient, top-notch solution to enhance the comfort of your home, geothermal heat pumps are the answer.
“Geothermal heat pumps use the constant temperature of the earth as an exchange medium instead of the outside air. This allows the system to reach an efficiency of 300%-600%,” according to the U.S. Department of Energy. The California Consumer Energy Center’s research on this technology shows that “…approximately 70 percent of the energy used in a geothermal heat pump is renewable energy from the ground.”
This renewable energy is harnessed with a ground loop, which allows us to pump heat into your home in the winter and in the summer we will pump the unwanted heat from your home into the ground.
Closed Horizontal Loop
Closed Pond Loop
Closed Vertical Loop
Why a Geothermal System?
- Eco-friendly – Because geothermal systems use the natural heat from the earth and water to transport the heat, you are leaving a smaller carbon footprint.
- Reduced utility bills – Fossil fuels are not needed for your geothermal system so you will see a reduction in your monthly utility bills.
- Increased efficiency – A geothermal system uses the earth’s temperature, which remains consistent all year unlike an air source heat pump that must work against adverse outdoor weather.
- Flexibility – Not only does a geothermal system provide heating and cooling, but it can also provide hot water.
- Peace and quiet – Geothermal systems are extremely quiet and do not require obtrusive outdoor equipment giving you free reign of your yard.
Abbitt HVAC is an active member of the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association and NATE certified as an Accredited Installer. Our technicians are fully licensed and insured and are eager to help you install your new geothermal system. We only use top-of-the-line equipment and products.
If any repairs are needed in the future, we are happy to help get your system back on track. Geothermal heating systems provide a practical and cost-effective way to heat your home. Contact us for more information.
Call Abbitt HVAC at (757) 223-0126 or use our online contact form for top-notch geothermal heating system installation & repair services.